Ratatouille Niçoise is a popular dish in France. We hope you will give this recipe a try.
- 3 tbs Olive oil
- 1 large Onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large Green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 pounds Tomatoes
- 1 Aubergine (eggplant), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 Bay leaf
- 12 Black olives, pitted & halved
- Salt & Pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and the onion and green pepper. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes until just softened but not brown.
- Increase the heat slightly and stir in the garlic and tomatoes. Cook for another 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced aubergine, courgette, thyme and bay leaf and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the olives and cook covered for about 10 minutes. Avoid overcooking so that the vegetables don't disintegrate.