Ahi Poke Tuna Stack
Catamaran Feel The Magic created this award-winning recipe for the Fall 2012 St Thomas Charter Yacht Show Culinary Contest.
- 4 oz crab meat, "special"
- 1 tbsp lemon-old bay aioli
- 1 tsp scallion, chopped fine
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
For the crab salad, mix together all ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 1 tbsp mango, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 tsp scallion, chopped
- 1 tsp red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 tsp yellow bell pepper, small dice
- 1 tsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
For salsa, combine all ingredients, toss well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 1/2 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 tbsp red onion diced very fine
- Juice from half of a lime
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced fine
- Kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste.
Place diced avocado in bowl, add all remaining ingredients. Mash with a fork until the consistency of guacamole.
- 2 oz sushi grade ahi, cut into cubes
- 1/2 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1/4 tsp Siracha sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
Mix all items and marinate tuna for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
To Assemble The Stack
- Using a ring mold of approximately 3” in diameter by 5” high, spray the inside with cooking spray.
- Spoon the Avocado mash into the bottom of the mold, top with Ahi Poke, Crab Salad, then Mango-Pineapple salsa.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, serve on a chilled plate.
- Garnish with sliced cucumber, thin carrot curls, sweet chili sauce, sprinkles of caviar and fried won ton chips.