POKE TUNA STACK
Catamaran Feel The Magic created this award-winning recipe for the Fall
2012 St Thomas Charter Yacht Show Culinary Contest.
- 4 oz crab meat, “special”
- 1 tbsp lemon-old bay aioli
- 1 tsp scallion, chopped fine
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to
For the crab
salad, mix together all ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 1 tbsp mango, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 tsp scallion, chopped
- 1 tsp red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 tsp yellow bell pepper, small dice
- 1 tsp cilantro, chopped
- ½ jalepano, seeds removed and diced
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
combine all ingredients, toss well and refrigerate until ready to use.
Place diced avocado in bowl, add all remaining ingredients.
Mash with a fork until the consistency of guacamole.
- ½ ripe avocado, diced
- 1 tbsp red onion diced very fine
- Juice from half of a lime
- ½ jalapeno, seeds removed and diced fine
- Kosher salt & fresh ground black
pepper to taste.
Mix all items and marinate tuna for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- 2 oz sushi grade ahi, cut into cubes
- ½ clove of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp ginger, minced
- ¼ tsp Siracha sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
Assemble The Stack
- Using a ring mold of approximately 3” in
diameter by 5” high, spray the inside with cooking
- Spoon the Avocado mash into the bottom of the
mold, top with Ahi Poke, Crab Salad, then Mango-Pineapple salsa.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, serve on a chilled
- Garnish with sliced cucumber, thin carrot
curls, sweet chili sauce, sprinkles of caviar and fried won ton chips.
Sounds like a
More Stuff > Recipes > Entrees > Ahi Poke Tuna Stacks